1. Hire times are stipulated in your booking form, which must be strictly adhered to.
2. Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days after initial agreement. All bookings are confirmed only after the booking form has been signed and the first payment received. Ocean Kave reserves the right to cancel your venue hire if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your first booking payment confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
3. The booking form constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The hirer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by, or on behalf of Ocean Kave Ltd company registration number 08863716, which is not set out on the booking form.
4. A 30% first payment of the venue hire is needed to secure the booking. Six months prior to your event a further 20% of your venue hire invoice is due. The full balance of the venue hire is due 12 weeks in advance of the event. Any additional requests are to be paid in full 2 weeks prior to the event. If a situation occurs for an extra request within 2 weeks of the event this must be paid in full at the time of the request. VAT is charged at the current rate of 20%, if the VAT rate changes, prices for new bookings and any unpaid monies will change accordingly.
5. On execution of the booking form, the hirer shall be entitled to a cooling off period of 7 days only, in which they may cancel the contract without financial obligation. Should payment be made prior to day 7, any refund will incur administration fees (which equates to 25% of deposit paid.)
6. First payments after the 7 days cooling off period following completion of the booking form, is non-refundable or transferable. In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation charges will be applied: 12 - 26 weeks prior to event – 50% of the venue hire cost 7 - 12 weeks prior to event – 80% of the venue hire cost. Failure to comply with agreed settlement amounts will result in cancellation of our services until balances are settled.
7. Catering invoices are to be paid 1 calendar month prior to the event no refunds will be made for cancellations or alterations after this date.
8. If cancellation is made in writing less than 12 weeks prior to the event then 100% of the venue hire balance will be payable. We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate insurance for cover of any unforeseen cancellation. In the event of cancellation, we regret that pre-payments and deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances. Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, Ocean Kave will look to nrecover the full balance due.
9. The Hirer is required to obtain wedding insurance for your event. If you need to cancel your booking, Ocean Kave Ltd will liaise with your insurance company to resolve any matters arising from your decision to cancel. Please not all deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable without exception.
10. Access to the property by the Hirer or persons engaged by the Hirer is strictly by appointment only.
11. The Hirer is solely responsible for booking and paying of a Registrar.
12. Ocean Kave has a no pet policy in the Sunset Rooms – except for guide dogs. Pets are permitted in the Kave for ceremonies by prior arrangement subject to the owner accepting full liability for their pets’ actions.
13. Ocean Kave is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; the throwing of confetti is limited to natural petals. A clear up charge of £100 will be applied if any other confetti is thrown. It is your responsibility to ensure that your guests are aware of this prior to the event.
14. During the event, guests are only permitted to congregate within the licensable areas of the grounds. There is a no smoking policy inside the venue, but there are designated smoking areas within the grounds.
15. It is advised that a responsible adult supervises all children at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the venue, please note that care must be taken and guests are reminded not to approach the animals within the grounds.
16. The Hirer is responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests while at Ocean Kave. Inappropriate behaviour may result in your event being stopped early or cancelled. Guests may be asked to leave the grounds if their behaviour is threatening, aggressive, anti-social, or damaging in any way to the venue. In this circumstance your full support is required.
17. The Hirer shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the Ocean Kave premises, or to any fixtures, fittings and equipment, caused by the Hirer, guest of Hirer or Hirer’s external contractor. We will not be held responsible for damage to any article brought onto the premises. We strongly advise you take out appropriate insurance. Ocean Kave Ltd will not be held responsible in any way should the event not proceed, nor for any gifts or property bought in during the event.
18. Ocean Kave shall not be responsible for the failure to provide the contracted facilities in the event of it being prevented from doing so as a result of “Force Majeure” or any other cause beyond its control. This includes industrial disputes, orders or regulations issued by Central Government, Riots, Floods or Fire Epidemics. Ocean Kave will not be responsible for any loss or damage or costs as a result.
19. No additional amplified music is permitted in the Kave or surrounding area, without prior agreement. Please note that regulations imposed by the Registrar prohibit the use of “religious music” during a wedding ceremony. If there is any doubt to this, please check directly with them.
20. For fire & security reasons we need a list of all guests who will be attending the event. The maximum number of persons permitted seated at a ceremony at Ocean Kave is 110 people including children. The maximum number of persons permitted in the Sunset Rooms reception suite for a ceremony or reception is 120 people including children. The maximum number of persons including evening guests is 150. There is additional non-seated capacity for up to 10 guests at a ceremony at Ocean Kave i.e. 120 in total including the 110 seated guests. We advise you to seek advise that you seek guidance from a coordinator prior to booking.
21. All vehicles are parked in the designated parking areas at the owner’s risk. Ocean Kave Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage to vehicles whilst on site. Vehicles are not permitted at Ocean Kave over night.
22. We cannot accept responsibility for outside contractors and service providers. We recommend that you sight your suppliers’ PLI (public liability insurance) prior to booking and are satisfied that they have the adequate ability and insurance to perform the service you require.
23. Ocean Kave will not be responsible for any loss of guests’ personal property. We have a 7-day lost and found policy. It is the guests’ responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the Venue grounds. Any items found after guests have departed can to be sent to the guest at their expense.
24. In accordance with the licensing laws, we reserve the right to refuse alcohol service to anyone who is deemed to be in an unfit state. Guests under the age of 25 or those who look under the age of 25 may need a valid form of ID in order to be served. Any purchased alcohol must not be taken out of the licensed area. We are bound by the regulations of our premises license. Guidance on hours of operation for the sale and consumption of alcohol can be sought from your Ocean Kave coordinator.
25. The Hire or the Hirers guests are not permitted to consume any food or drinks at Ocean Kave except for those agreed in advance by the venue & the Hirer.
26. We do not permit outside caterers or corkage at Ocean Kave.
27. We welcome live bands at The Sunset Rooms however please note the following restrictions: Live bands to a maximum of 3 artists plus one vocalist. Live music must cease in accordance with our entertainments license. Amplified music is to be kept at a level so as not to cause a nuisance to residents or nearby neighbours. Ocean Kave reserves the right to approve the control of noise levels. All bands must make contact with Ocean Kave prior to the Hirer booking them, to discuss our limitations and forward a copy of their public liability insurance certificate to the relevant party. Guidance on hours of operation for live and recorded music can be sought from your Ocean Kave coordinator.
28. No persons are permitted to access the PA system and DJ box unless accompanied by a representative of Ocean Kave or an approved supplier. If you have chosen to use a playlist please coordinate with your Ocean Kave coordinator.
29. If an exceptional level of damage to Ocean Kave property or cleaning is required post event, the cost will be charged to the Hirer.
30. If guests are staying at Westward Living cottages or The Seahorse Apartments, they must adhere to the terms and conditions and respect other guests staying on site.
31. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your event at Ocean Kave, in order to investigate and resolve we require written notification within 14 days of your event. Issues addressed after this period will not be considered.