Terms and Conditions - Weddings
1. Hire times are stipulated in your agreement letter, which must be strictly adhered to.
2. Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days after initial agreement. All Bookings are confirmed only after the booking form has been signed and the first payment received. Ocean Kave reserves the right to cancel your function if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your first booking payment confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
3. The booking form constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The hirer acknowledges that is has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Ocean Kave, which is not set out on the booking form.
4. A 30% first payment of the whole package is needed to secure the booking. Six months prior to your wedding a further 20% of your invoice is due to be paid. The full balance is due 12 weeks in advance of the wedding. Any additional requests to be paid in full 2 weeks prior to the wedding. If a situation occurs for an extra request is required on the day of the wedding, this must be paid in full at the time of the request.
5. On execution of the Booking form the hirer shall be entitled to a cooling off period of 14 days only, in which they may cancel the contract. Any refund will incur administration fees (which equates to 25% of deposit paid.)
6. First payments are non-refundable or transferable. In the event of a cancellation, the following Cancellation Charges will be applied:
7. If cancellation is made less than 6 weeks prior to the event then 100% of the balance will be payable. We strongly recommend that you take out wedding insurance for cover of an unforeseen cancellation. In the event of cancellation we regret that pre payments and deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances. Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, Ocean Kave will look to recover the full balance due.
8. Access to the property at all times is by appointment only, as Ocean Kave is located on private family grounds.
9. The Hirer is responsible for booking and paying of the registrar. Guidance can be sought from Ocean Kave co-ordinator; Ocean Kave ceremony room is available for ceremonies from 1pm.
10. Ocean Kave has a no pet policy – except for guide dogs.
11. As we are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the throwing of confetti is limited to natural rose petals. A clear up charge of £100 will be applied if any other confetti is thrown as this then. It is your responsibility to ensure that your guests are aware of this.
12. During the wedding reception itself, guests are only permitted to congregate within the licensable areas of the grounds. There is a no smoking policy within the Kave, but there are designated smoking areas outside the Kave.
13. It is advised that all children have to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the grounds, please note that care must be taken and guests are reminded not to approach the animals within the grounds.
14. The hirer is responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests while at Ocean Kave. Inappropriate behaviour may result in your event being stopped early or cancelled. Guests may be asked to leave the grounds if their behaviour is threatening, aggressive, anti-social, or damaging in any way to the venue. In this circumstance your full support is required.
15. The Hirer shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the Ocean Kave premises, or to any fixtures, fittings and equipment, which the Hirer or guest causes. We will not be held responsible for damage to any article brought onto the premises. Ocean Kave shall not be liable for any loss or damage. In case of the loss or damage to the hirer it must be reported and then recorded at the time with an Ocean Kave representative.
16. Ocean Kave shall not be responsible for the failure to provide the contracted facilities in the event of it being prevented from doing so as a result of "Force Majeure" or any other cause beyond its control. This includes industrial disputes, orders or regulations issued by Central Government, Riots, Floods or Fire Epidemics. Ocean Kave will not be responsible for any loss or damage or costs as a result.
17. No additional amplified music is permitted in the Kave or surrounding area, without prior agreement. Please note that regulations imposed by the Register prohibit the us of “religious music” during a wedding ceremony. If there is any doubt to this, please check directly with them.
18. For fire regulations we need a list of all guests who will be attending the ceremony. The maximum total number of guests for a wedding at Ocean Kave is 120 (60 seated inside Kave) people.
19. All cars are parked at the owners risk. Ocean Kave cannot be held responsible for any damage to vehicles whilst on site. Vehicles are not permitted at Ocean Kave over night.
20. We cannot accept responsibility for outside contractors and service providers.
21. Ocean Kave will not be responsible for any loss of guests’ personal property. We have a 7-day lost and found policy, which means we can only keep an item found for that amount of time. It is the guests’ responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the Venue grounds. Any items found after guests have departed will have to be sent to the guest at their expense.
22. No alcohol will be served after 11.00pm. In accordance with the licensing laws, we reserve the right to refuse alcohol service to anyone who is deemed to be in an unfit state. Guests under the age of 21 or those who look under the age of 21 may need a valid form of ID in order to be served. Any purchased alcohol must not be taken out of the licensed area
23. Wedding day catering is organised through our chosen catering partners only. We do not permit any outside caterers on site. We will not accept any responsibility for loss, damage or injury, which may be incurred through the hire of an external supplier.
24. All music entertainment must be stopped by 11.00PM and guests must vacate the reception area under normal licensing law times.
25. Live bands We welcome live bands at The Sunset Rooms however please note the following restrictions:
26. If an exceptional level of damages to Ocean Kave property or cleaning is required after use, the cost will be charged to the Hirer.
27. If guests are staying at Westward Living cottages, they must adhere to the terms and conditions regarding group bookings.
I hereby agree to the above terms and conditions:
Sign Print Date